Excess equipment

thealisa

Weird post, sorry in advance.

So I started about 7 years ago with very basic equipment, most of it I still have because I can't seem to let it go (I'm not a hoarder, but it is all very useful)

I lost some and sold my previous webcams except 1, but I cannot find any reason to get rid of my old equipment (lighting, tripods, various phone holders .... probably my biggest collection)
Because they are all so portable and useful. I am moving to a smaller space soon and will have to prioritise which i will take for my setup. But am aiming to move to a larger space in the long term where I will need all of my equipment and in the meantime I do have somewhere to store it.

I have just upgraded most of my equipment again but cannot let go of my current and previous equipment.

Does anyone else struggle to let go of perfectly usable equipment despite upgrading, 'just in case'?

This is purely out of curiosity, because it's taking up so much space but I know that I will need it in about 6 months and will be cheaper to keep than have to buy again. Although, by then I may decide to updgrade again.

Does anyone else keep hold of old equipment 'just in case'? I have backup equipment and still cannot get rid of my earlier stuff. It may be more of a sentimental thing. I can't remember the last time I used it, but it never let me down.
I think it's more of a sentimental thing, my growth from awkward amateur 'I'll do what you want, sir' to bitch domme. It means something to me. It's how I became those characters.
And it adds more stress to your life because you want it to be useful but it's just taking up space?

Maybe there are some newbies in the UK that are looking for things that I have in excess for a reasonable price. If so, please message me to ask. Might encourage me to let go of my things.

If you're a newbie and are looking for good used equipmenton the cheap, do pop me a message. I will let you know what I have :) I don't have any webcams for sale, sorry. Just lighting and stands

taxi69

I hang on to everything. Lightstands, tripods, ringlights, cables and also stuff I use for sets like backdrops, voile curtains green screens, poles and clamps. I often find myself using stuff I haven’t used for months though. I’m always changing things and it’s good to have options.